Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
I had a bad day, so the best way to fix it is through chocolate.
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- ½ pound of butter, cubed
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, cook the milk, butter and chocolate over low heat until melted. Then let it stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well (batter will be thin).
- Fill cupcake tine and bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
Chocolate Glaze Filling
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of powder sugar
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the sugar, water, and chocolate to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Attach a candy thermometer to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, stirring, until the mixture reaches 234°F., about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir to cool and thicken slightly, about 1 minute.
- Add powder sugar to thicken mixture
- ½ pound of butter softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (for chocolate)
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Cream butter.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa into the mixing bowl. Mix.
- Add vanilla extract, salt, and milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes.
- If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add a little more sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add additional milk 1 tablespoon at a time.