Sometimes you just want bananas…ok maybe that’s just me. To settle my banana craving I made a Banana Cupcake I call Banana Banana! Anyone? OK, I’ll just give the recipe.
This cupcake is a banana nutmeg cupcake with a banana cinnamon frosting, sure to make any banana lover happy.
Banana Banana! Cupcakes
Makes about 16 cupcakes
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
Banana Nutmeg Cupcake Ingredients:
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of the mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans and place aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and beat until well-combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Slowly mix flour mixture to the wet ingredients
- Add milk and beat on low speed for an additional minute.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake pans. Tap pans on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
For the Banana Cinnamon Frosting:
- Remainder of the mashed bananas (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter. Add mashed banana and beat until well-incorporated.
- Add powdered sugar, a cup at a time, beating on low speed after each addition.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla and beat to incorporate. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for an additional 2 minutes.