Blueberry and Mini Me Pies
I watched MasterChef Monday and aside from Gordon Ramsey’s crazy yelling, I think the only thing I go out of it was I needed a blueberry pie. So today you have 2 recipes. A regular blueberry pie and mini me’s.
(for full pie, make half for 12 mini’s)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 shots of orange liquor
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg
- Pie crust based on http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_pie_crust/
Directions for Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Place blueberries in a large bowl and pour orange liquor over the berries. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix Sugar, cornstarch and salt in a separate bowl.
- Pour Sugar mixture over blueberries and mix buy hand. Place to the Side.
- Line pie dish with one pie crust.
- Pour berry mixture into the crust.
- Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 – 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
- Brush egg wash on pie
- Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
For Mini Me’s
Tart Pan Used (Amazon)
- Roll Pie dough out thinly and cut into squares.
- Line individual tarts dish with squared pie crusts.
- Pour berry mixture into the crusts, about 5-6 berries in each.
- Cover pastry with remaining squares (you may have to roll out pie dough again)
- Brush egg wash on Mini Pies
- Bake on lower shelf of oven for about 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.