My husband took out one of the frozen pizza doughs from the freezer and set it on the counter. So, pizza night?
Ok, let’s get this straight right now before we go any further. Just because it’s pizza night doesn’t mean you have to break your life style. As you may have noticed by now I tend to eat differently than my husband. My diet is a low carb and low calorie, where as my husbands is not. You can make a meal that spreads across for different diets, without putting in that much extra time, you just need to be willing to get creative, and use similar ingredients across the meal.
So going back to pizza night! We are going to make a hamburger pizza for my husband and stuffed portobello hamburger pizzas for me, and as always planned leftovers for us to bring to work for lunch. The great thing about the stuffed mushrooms is that all the ingredients, aside from the mushrooms, are the same. This recipe also works great as a finger food at a party or a tiny appetizer!
Hamburger Pizza & Stuffed Hamburger Pizza Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Shredded
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella Shredded
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 batch of Pizza Dough
- 6 Portobello Stuffing Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 450 with pizza stone inside
- Roll out pizza and lightly oil the edge of the dough. When preparing pizza dough on my large cutting board I use cornmeal, this helps me easily slide the pizza off the cutting board and into the oven (once the pizza is assembled)
- Mix seasonings (parsley, basil, oregano, salt) with meat in a mixing bowl.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef until it is no longer pink. Drain fat and set aside
- Spread sauce on pizza dough, sprinkle ground beef and cheese. (There will be some extra sauce, ground beef, and cheese for the stuffed mushrooms)
- Slide pizza on the pizza stone in the oven. Bake until cheese is bubbling and crust is golden (10-15 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 450
- Take stems out of mushrooms and slightly oil mushrooms and sprinkle with salt. Place oiled mushrooms on a cookie sheet covered with foil.
- Spoon in pizza sauce into the mushrooms, sprinkle ground beef and cheese.
- Place mushrooms in oven and cook until mushrooms are soft and filling is bubbling (about 20 minutes)