A Quick Vegetarian Dinner
Today I will be sharing a quick vegetarian dinner that travels a little around the globe. You may or may not have noticed the recent switches of the dinners I post on Instagram. Yes, I am now a vegetarian. A vegetarian that is still a foodie and needs all the flavors she can get. And trust me beans can only do so much for you. This Sunday we had a quick dinner and normally how I like to make a dinner for the hubby and I is to keep all the ingredients the same but give him meat.
Today’s dinner consists of couscous, zucchini and watermelon radishes, lemon garlic bok choy, and a citrus yogurt sauce to dip in. All my veggies were bought at my local farmers market yesterday!
I like to start making my dinners by first preparing all the ingredients first (mes en plas). After doing that I like to start with the easy wins. So first I make citrus yogurt sauce as it tastes best if you let it sit for a little while
Quick Citrus Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic (minced to a paste)
- 1/2 Lemon (Zest, cut into wedges)
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a bowl combine yogurt, lemon zest, juice of 2 lemon wedges, garlic paste, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Start boiling the water for your couscous according to your packaging. While you are cooking your bok choy the water should begin boiling and you can add you couscous to the water and remove from heat.
Prepare your lemon garlic bok choy
Lemon Garlic Bok Choy
- 2 Bok Choy (Rinsed and sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Lemon Wedges (Remainder of the lemon used above)
- Olive Oil to Coat Pan
- In a frying pan heat olive oil and garlic
- Add Bok Choy to the pan. Sprinkle with salt. Cook for about 2 minutes (bottom should be turning brown). Flip and cook for another 2 minutes (the bottoms should have begun to soften and green is wilted). Squeeze the juice of the two lemon wedges on top and then transfer to plate.
Zucchini and Radishes
- 1 large (or 2 medium) Zucchini (cut in half across the middle, then each half quartered lengthwise, and then each in half lengthwise again)
- 3 radishes (sliced about a 1/4 inch thick) (mine where watermelon radishes but any type is fine)
- Olive Oil for pan
- Salt and Pepper
- In the pan you cooked your bok choy in, add sliced zucchini and radishes. Cook until soft and season with salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy your amazingly quick but flavorful vegetarian dinner!