This is my carrot cupcake recipe. I usually double the below recipe as 12 cupcakes are just not enough to satisfy my coworkers (Especially when I sneak a few myself).
Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 and 1/3 cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg,
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup light-brown brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots (about 3 medium sized carrots)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer) beat together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and eggs until combined.
- Mix in applesauce and vanilla extract.
- With the mixer running on low speed, slowly pour in vegetable oil and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients right on top of the wet ingredients and the shredded carrots right on top of that. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven about 18 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar (more or less, if needed)
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, and brown sugar till smooth.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes till brown sugar dissolves completely.
- Add vanilla, salt, and enough powdered sugar to make a frosting thick enough to pipe.